Sunday, December 30, 2007

Getting Fit!

I know I haven't been posting, but that doesn't mean I haven't been riding, thank goodness :) I started on one of my husband's horses, Sultan. He's half ASH, part QH part Arab, perfect dimensions for my husband but a bit small for me, nevertheless it got me up and going. I quickly discovered I hadn't lost as much balance or feel as I thought I would have, but boy oh boy, was I unfit LOL!

Lots of bumping around the paddocks and after about a dozen rides without a buster, I was feeling a lot stronger and more confident. I even had a gallop or 2 one day, not 100% voluntary but that's not unusual for me, I've rarely had a 100% voluntary gallop ROFL!

Things didn't feel quite right though, turns out Sultan was being really difficult in subtle ways, not flexing properly and really bouncing me out of the saddle at every opportunity, and my lack of strength was giving him lots of opportunities LOL! He's not had a lot of work lately and hubby has some things to work out with him. Things went better once I was on my own horse, he's a bit taller and we just suit each other better :) More about him later...

No comments: